As we go through different phases of our lives, so do our needs for health insurance cover. Does your current plan still cover your needs or are there parts of the policy that are not longer needed?
Health insurance covers must also adjust to the rest of your family member’s needs which is why it’s important to check with your provider every two years.
Here are questions you should ask when reviewing your policy:
1. Is my policy limit enough to cover my needs and my supplementary? There are policies that offer unlimited annual policy offers.
2. Do you have plans of moving or traveling more frequently? This means you might need a health insurance policy that covers the places you will be traveling. There are international health insurance covers that follow you wherever you are and plans that excludes the US or UK.
3. If you’re married and have a growing family, is your insurance plan able to adapt to maternity and child needs?
4. Do you need to add a policy for pre-existing, mental, hereditary, congenital and chronic conditions?
5. If you have a policy taken care by your current employer, you also need to evaluate if you’ll need a separate private medical insurance if there are plans of changing jobs. Check if the company health insurance covers for family members or for chronic diseases. If you have special medical needs and your company insurance does not cater to its treatment, an international health insurance cover should be able to take care of what’s lacking.
AS AN EXPAT, CONSIDER INTERNATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE
This health insurance policy is generally comprehensive and can cover maternity and cancer treatment. It all depends on your needs as well as your family’s. Village Insurance Direct helps expat find affordable and complete international health insurance from established providers in Hong Kong.
As an expat, you need to foresee if you will be moving in the next years and having international health insurance that follows you wherever you will give you peace of mind in situations where a local hospital may be unable to provide for your needs. The advantage of having this type of insurance is also having local service from your provider’s customer support so you know exactly what your policy can cover.
Ask your insurance provider about your current policy. It is also crucial that you do your own research especially if you’re paying a substantial amount for medical insurance you yourself and your family.